Quote Post

Experienced

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,086

planet busting weapons is a hardwired option
if the weapon is marked as a planet buster
in the bombard screen you get a batten to bust the planet
no deffance is possible

"Warning: Many of the changes being made in this mod are based on the idea that "If the AI cant do it, i shouldnt do it even if i can". "
wat gos in this category?

--------------------
I have a spelling chequer, It came with my pea sea,
It plainly marques four my revue Miss steaks eye cannot sea.
the rest can be seen in the link of your chose

my moo3 files http://www.mediafire.com/danielboro. latest tropical 1.3.10 , full 1.3.10, update 1.3.7 to 1.3.10 ver2 new:part of 1.3.11 update
PMEmail PosterICQYahooMSN
Unforeseen
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

Member No.: 757

Danib,

Currently there is only one "implemented" feature supporting that. The Anti-Matter Missile. If you construct a ship with more than one Anti-Matter Missile you will cause the game to become unbalanced. The missile does enough damage to destroy a single ship with one shot. And Auto-builds will cause the AI to install ONE on every ship it constructs, never more.

I am also highly against utilizing the various exploits in the game, such as neutron stars and blackholes as well as constructing task forces that abuse their behavior. Such as Short Range TF made up of Missile Launchers. The AI cant do this unless you put it in the AB. So really its just cheating. (IMO)

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Unforeseen
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

Reorganizing the Tech Tree btw, taking forever because my wifes grand mother is anti technology and if i get on a computer she gets pissed. Untill we can move out i have to walk 5 miles to the mall to get online. This is what i get for getting out of the military early tongue.gif

One thing i am doing is removing alot of unecessary techs, for instance untill now you had to have two techs researched in order to build a new ship hull per hull. The ship and its construction method. I always found that annoying, so i got rid of it. Now you start the game with one, and about half way through your tech you get the second one and thats that. 8 Hulls, 2 Methods. 4/4. <3

I've also finalized the racial weapons. Which is split between Mass, Energy, and Hybrid. 6 Races use Hybrid, 5 Mass and 5 Energy. And all are stealable/tradable. But you have to steal/trade for their upgrades and the upgrades are the back-bone of weapons in this mod.

Ground based weapons are being added to compliment this concept, though the differances between the weapons if any will be extremely low.

EDIT: I made several changes to the front page posts, check em out.

This post has been edited by Unforeseen on Apr 3 2012, 07:14 PM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Unforeseen
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

I've had some new insight on the weapons scheme, note of course that these ideas are still fresh and are changing rapidly in an effort to ensure balance and compatibility. Definitely having trouble balancing weapons out, but i anticipated that. I looked at what i had so far and realized that especially in the early game hybrid weapons were just too powerful by concept, there was also the issue of in game animations, i am by no means a graphics artist and there just aren't enough or good enough animations for projectile based energy weapons. So this concept is being fused with Mass Weapons in the form of a new improvement called Charged Rounds or just Charged. Energy weapons have also gained a new improved called Overheating.

This post has been edited by Unforeseen on Apr 5 2012, 09:25 PM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Unforeseen
Posted: Jun 20 2012, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

Ok so i am probably the slowest modder ever, i admit that at least. I just have so little time to actually work on this. I'll finish it eventually, but if your really interested in anything i've proposed it would probably be quicker to mod it in yourself. If you do, shoot me a reply on how it works, might help me get this done sooner.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
danib
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

pedxing is slower
i strongly recomend doing micro relisis
that way thr be a version even if you stop

This post has been edited by danib on Jun 21 2012, 07:16 PM

--------------------

my moo3 files http://www.mediafire.com/danielboro. latest tropical 1.3.10 , full 1.3.10, update 1.3.7 to 1.3.10 ver2 new:part of 1.3.11 update
Unforeseen
Posted: Jul 21 2012, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

micro relisis?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
danib
Posted: Jul 21 2012, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

after every bug fix or new implementation

--------------------

Unforeseen
Posted: Jul 21 2012, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

I understand, i will do that. I had started doing it a little bit but when i rethought my goal i scrapped it. It didnt help that my files got wiped mysteriously a few months ago.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Unforeseen
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

I am actually physically working on the wstechnology file now..starting to wish bhruics tech levels patch went up to TL200...(not kidding)

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Unforeseen
Posted: Aug 2 2012, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Experienced

I am going to put this in a new thread..since alot of the initial concept has changed.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Modification Forum | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll